This page allows you to know the last (noticeable) changes, the new pages,
the improvements and on-going work !
(follow the links for a direct access to the new or updated pages )
en français / in french
- Some additionnal data on the few PEYRONEL's living in San GERMANO-CHISONE at the begining of XXth century
(following the study of the records of the San Germano Valdensian parish not yet exploited) (Novembre 2011).
- Additionnal data (and a few corrections) concerning mainly PEYRONEL families living in MARSEILLE
(following the on-line access to records of the 1893-1902 period) (Novembre 2011).
- An improvement has been introduced in the presentation of the genealogical data :
The sex of the persons in the genealogy in now clearly specified by the symbols (male) and (female) in the List of Persons (Liste des Personnes)*
Indeed, it was not always obvious to deduce the sex of the person only by looking at his/her first name(s), not only because of ambiguous first names, but also for old disused christian names or in contrary for recently invented ones, and for those used in other contries without equivalent in ours
* These symbols are currently beeing introduced as well in the Family forms (Fiches Familiales) (Septembre 2010).
- The publication of the pictures of the "Peyronelada" and of the post-meeting trip in Noroeste Argentina was eventually completed in March 2010 ....
You can at last now enjoy the complete 2009 photo album containing more than 250 pictures (March 2010)
- The preparation of the 2009 photo album with pictures of the "Peyronelada" and of the post-meeting trip in Noroeste Argentina was started in March 2009 ....
but left pending until February 2010 for various reasons, the major one being a big and irremediable crash of my PC (February 2010)
- A brief report of the 4th Peyronel family meeting in Santa Rosa de Rio Primero (Cordoba) in Argentina was published soon after return. It displays the family group photos (click here to access)
New portraits of the participants have been addede to the family portraits' gallery (March-May 2009)
- We are pleased to annouce that our cousin from California, Linda Peyronel has just created her own "Peyronel Family web site"
You'll find on her site all information on her branch of the Peyronel family, who started- like all others in Piedmont - and settled in the United States, first in New-York and soon spread in all the country but mostly in California. Linda's Peyronel Family Tree deals with Peyronel, Bounous, Lush, King, Kavanagh and 80 other surnames. The address is : http://peyronelfamily.tribalpages.com/. (January 2009):
- Informations on next in Cordoba, Argentina in February 2009 and on have been postd (May-October 2008)
- Additionnal data have been obtained on Peyronel families in Uruguay (descendants of Paul/Pablo Peyronel & Lidia Felix)
and in the United States in North Carolina and Texas (descendants of Frédéric Peyronel & Marguerite Leger, émigrants in Valdese) (March 2008)
- A few more photos have been added to the photo album of the 2006 reunion. Thanks to the (few) cousins who sent their pictures. Do not hesitate to send yours to enrich the album. (July 2007)
- The family portraits' gallery is still growing : about 70 new photos have been added.
In addition of the exploitation of my own archives ( to be continued), the main contribution to the additions is the result of the touching practice which consists - in the cemeteries of the Valleys - in placing a photo of the dear departed on their gravestone. I thought that these pictures should naturally have a place on this site to help keeping alive the remembrance of those who passed away. The pictures are also displayed on the genealogical formn of each individual. (December 2006 - Please note that only 2 of the cemetaries in Riclaret - Combagarin and Reinaud - have been recorded so far)
- The publication of the photo album of the 2006 reunion is almost complete : only some of my own pictures are missing . However do not hesitate to send yours to enrich the album. (August-October 2006)
- The family portraits' gallery: The portrait gallery has been completely refurbished. With the increasing number of available portraits of family members (ancestors or contemporary cousins, parents, children, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives), especially after the last family reunion, it had become necessary to rearrange the portrait page to make it more attractive and easier to browse. This has now been done (September 2006)
- New genealogical data, especially those received from cousins who returnet the genealogical form with their inscription for the next family reunion have en incorporated. For instance, a new branch of argentinan cousins, descendants of Cesar Augusto PEYRONEL has been added. However the connection point of this branch to the tree is not unambiguously established yet. (May 2006)
- Many genealogical data have been added for several CLOT families ( and CLOT-VARICE ) so frequently allied to the PEYRONEL's. These data come from my own searches but have been very largely enriched by those collected by Linda PEYRONEL who descends from these PEYRONEL-CLOT marriages. Similarly, additions and corrections have been made for the BOUNOUS families (and BOUNOUS-GARIN) (Janvier 2005)
- As you have already observed, the home pages (unchanged since site creation in 2000 !) have been somewhat modified with addition of some some photos (different pictures on the 4 homepages in french, english, italian and spanish (November 2004)
- The photo album has been enriched with two new series of photos: several pages are dedicated to a trip in the upper Gemanasca valley and to the alpine flowers observed during this walk. On this occasion, the photo album summary page has also been updated with addition of icons (November 2004).
- Following the exploitation of documents found in the archives in Turin and various sources, the family history has been largely extended especially the chapter which shows how our ancestors participated to the dramatic events of the Waldensian history "The PEYRONEL's in the Valdenses' History". This research allowed to partly rebuild the genealogy of the PEYRONEL's in the XVIIth century and to propose an hypothesis for our most ancient ancestor known, Jean PEYRONEL (October 2004)
- Genealogical data obtained during the last searches in waldensian archives in Torre-Pellice have been added. As a consequence, some new branches have been merged to the genealogical tree (March 2004)
- A new page for the genealogists : The "Soul Registers" of Riclaret waldensian parish, a census by the minister of the parishionners of Riclaret church listed by villages and by families, with various information for each person, like the dates of birth, of confirmation, of mariage or death, plus additionnal data on occupations, or emigration,...). Thanks to these new data, complementary information has been added to the genealogical pages. (Novembre 2003)
- At last !! the photos of the Peyronel's travel in South-America : with more than 170 photos selected among the most beautiful taken during the trip, follow, in images, day after day, the itinerary of the three weeks (November 2003)
- More than 80 photos of the second Peyronel family reunion in Uruguay and Argentina have been posted on the site in the 2003 photo album (October 2003)
- The portrait gallery has been enriched with new pictures. In addition, all pictures can now be seen directly in the genealogic form. View the pictures of your cousins or ancestors If you want to be in the portrait gallery (or if you do not like the picture displayed I have chosen), please send me your best photos (Septembre 2003).
- Complementary genealogical data, given by south-american cousins are being entered in the database and published on this site, for example the descendance of Frédéric/Federico PEYRONEL and Martina VASQUEZ (June 2003)
- Discover the first pictures of the reunions and of the Peyronels' trip in the 2003 photo album.
It is not very thick yet but of course other photos will come soon. Please be patient ! (May 2003)
- The second Peyronel family reunion took place in February 2003 in South America (March 2003)
- A short preliminary report of these events is available
- Two new pages (in french) to help you in your researches:
Généalogical searches in Italy and Resarches in the Valdensian Archives (December 2001)
- Genealogical data have been completed with the results of the researches performed in February 2001 in Marseille and in March 2001 in the Valdense archives in Torre-Pellice (December 2001)
- La brève introduction à l'histoire de la famille a été complétée par un important nouveau chapitre qui montre comment nos ancètres ont pris part aux évènements dramatiques de l'histoire des Vaudois (Août 2001) : "Les PEYRONEL dans l'Histoire des Vaudois".
- The introduction to the family history has now been completed with an important new chapter which shows how our ancestors participated to the dramatic events of the Waldensian history : "The PEYRONEL's in the Valdenses' History" (August 2001): This part has entirely revisited and extended in octobre 2004 (see above)
- The page of advices for the consultation of the genealogy has been updated and improved (still in french !) (August 2001)
- It takes into account the improvements made to the lists of persons. The abbreviations used are explained.
- List of people cited in the genealogy (August 2001)
- New persons have been added to the list. It is now exhaustive (in principle)
(initially only one of the spouses was cited for each couple)
- Spouses are added to the personnal data of the list to facilitate identification of persons with identic names and surnames
- Links to the portrait when available
- A new page with old family pictures (May 2001)
- inaugurated by Danny Peyronel, who sent us a few nice pictures of his Argentinan ancestors and some new portraits
- 2 pictures of weddings celebrated in Riclaret (Villasecca) in 1935 (Louise Peyronel and Ernest Villielm) and 1939 (Ferdinand Peyronel and Louise Bounous)
- The "useful links" page (March 2001)
- refurbished and corrected